- Fossil remains seem to indicate that tigers have been on the earth for approximately two million years.
- Three subspecies of tiger are already extinct. These are the Caspian, Balinese and Javan tigers.
- The Siberian Tiger is the largest of all the subspecies.
- The tiger's stripes are unique to each animal the same way that our fingerprint identifies us.
- The word “tiger” means ‘arrow in the original Persian language.
- Less than half of the cubs live beyond the age of two years.
- .White Tigers are actually a genetic mutation and not a subspecies. All White Tigers are of the Bengal subspecies.
- Tigers are excellent swimmers.
- .Tigers have an exceptional vision in the dark. They can see about six times better than human beings.
- An adult male eats about 150 kilograms of meat every month.
- A tiger can cover about 10 meters in one leap.
- Its energy levels are best suited to short bursts of activity, and cannot be maintained over long distances.
- A tiger eats once every four to five days, for every 20 attempts at killing an animal, a tiger is only successful once. For this reason, it must try to eat as often and as much as possible.
- Animal Planet has conducted a poll and found out tigers are one of the most favorite animals.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.